Phi Mu Alpha Kappa Xi Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ritual Committee

+6
Brian Black
David Jacques
Travis Whaley
jared levin
Smith Graham
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Ritual Committee Empty Ritual Committee

Post  Admin Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:11 am

Discuss with one another.

Admin
Admin

https://pmakx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ritual Committee Empty robes...

Post  Smith Graham Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:34 pm

we should get on that. any quotes?
Smith Graham
Smith Graham

Back to top Go down

Ritual Committee Empty Fabric

Post  jared levin Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:12 pm

I got a few quotes on sateen It's between 10-15 bucks a yard for the stuff. That's gonna get really expensive really quickly. Also if you have brothers work on it, there's a chance we could mess it up by accident and be out 50 bucks for just one robe. So I think a seamstress or tailor would be best. Can someone ask a relatively recently initiated chapter to ask what they did for their materials? I'd volunteer, but my week this week is ridiculously busy.
jared levin
jared levin

Back to top Go down

Ritual Committee Empty Re: Ritual Committee

Post  Travis Whaley Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:30 pm

Hey guys,

I just went on the National List serve last night and asked other chapters/ people for opinions on what we should do about ritual gear. Hopefully there is a good response from that. I'll keep you all updated.
Travis Whaley
Travis Whaley

Back to top Go down

Post  Travis Whaley Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:17 pm

UPDATE:

Readers Digest: So a lot of guys said try to get a family member to crate the robes, or learn how to do it yourself, or get the theater crew to do it... the robes out of context mean nothing more than a group trying to put on a production. We could even have a code name or something cool for it...

As for the schematics of the robes themselves, a few chapters just did their own by buying the cheap basic robe plan at Wal-Mart. Also, the covers for the shrines shouldn't be a problem because we can just buy sheets and sew them together.

I really feel this committee could possibly get the wood work done soon, once we figure money with the polo's. The lumber and possibly hinges shoundn't cost more than $100 which isn't awful. The robes on the other hand, they just said to buy in bulk. by the bolt (20 yards).. for the white fabric.

TW
Travis Whaley
Travis Whaley

Back to top Go down

Ritual Committee Empty fabric

Post  jared levin Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:57 pm

That's a good idea for the fabric, I guess I'll go with that stuff, since that's what I've started doing. I looked, a bolt is a 110 bucks or so, and a 50 yard bolt is 190 bucks. I was thinking, we could just get white sateen and possibly dye it ourselves? I don't know if that's what you meant by getting white fabric, but that could be a lot cheaper, 200 bucks maybe for the fabric, and then whatever we wanted to do to get it made.

Thanks for asking around, we could keep all of this stuff reasonable if we try at it!
jared levin
jared levin

Back to top Go down

Post  David Jacques Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:49 am

We've already talked about doing all the building of the wood stuff over winter break. I can get the lumber for a bit cheaper, and I have a wood shop in my back yard.

We are still waiting to hear back from other chapters about their stuff. In the meantime, we need to decided on a couple dates of when to meet up and get this done over break.

David Jacques

Back to top Go down

Post  Travis Whaley Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:09 am

Hey guys.

Will one or some of you get in contact with UTEP and check out if they would like to get a joint Ritual Gear sort of thing. That was idea from Stephen. thanks!

TW
Travis Whaley
Travis Whaley

Back to top Go down

Post  David Jacques Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:48 pm

I'll get on that! Good idea!

David Jacques

Back to top Go down

Post  Travis Whaley Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:40 am

So guys,

What's going on during winter break? Who's making the stuff?

Just a reminder, if you can, instead of the box, try to figure something out with hinges... I don't think we'll have a storage space for the big box. If you want to do the box though, we'll manage.. we could even use that as an excuse to get a bigger space.
Travis Whaley
Travis Whaley

Back to top Go down

Post  David Jacques Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Any chance we can get some time in a meeting to talk about a specific date to meet up at my place and build this stuff? I don't think it'll be too easy to work out specifics over this internet thing...

David Jacques

Back to top Go down

Post  Travis Whaley Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:09 am

Hey guys,

We're you able to talk about meeting up at Davids place and work on the rit stuff?

TW
Travis Whaley
Travis Whaley

Back to top Go down

Ritual Committee Empty Party/meeting at Jaques' place

Post  Brian Black Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:33 pm

Do you want to do that during early Christmas Break? Like during the first week after finals?
Brian Black
Brian Black

Back to top Go down

Post  David Jacques Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:02 am

I think we need to get together and talk about it sometime. Not everyone reads this board, so only two or three people will know about it.... People should do this whole online board thing... it would help.

David Jacques

Back to top Go down

Ritual Committee Empty Meeting

Post  Steven Yokobosky Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Hey david I know we discussed getting wood through your dad, is this happening?

Also you had said you have a place to do it, we still doin this at your place, or somewhere else? My place is available if needed too.

Steven Yokobosky

Back to top Go down

Post  David Jacques Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:07 pm

Yeah, I still got the whole wood thing handled, and I will have dates set within the next weekish for when we can meet up to put it together.

David Jacques

Back to top Go down

Ritual Committee Empty KKY Help with robes

Post  Travis Whaley Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Hey guys,

I think we can whip out the wood work in no time, I'll let you know about the robes and if we can talk to people about getting that done.. we just need to FUNDRAISE for the material. I'm really excited about this. I'll update.

If you have other ideas. Let me know!

TW
Travis Whaley
Travis Whaley

Back to top Go down

Post  David Jacques Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:16 am

Yeah, due to logistics and whatnot, getting some wood will be better off just going through some lame place like Home Depot. It'll be cheaper due to the whole shipping from Phoenix thing... As for putting it together, we could probably use stuff from Ardrey, I can check on that unless someone's got a better plan.

David Jacques

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Phillips Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 am

Hey, I just talked to Travis and we have about $300 in our account. Along with the x amount of money we will make from Arby's and other fundraisers, and if I beg Rull hard with Alumni they might donate as well.

Also, can the ritual committee start planning what they can buy and make by using about $150?

Travis also said David should have the information of ritual stuff.
Nick Phillips
Nick Phillips

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Surrena Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:07 am

Just something to keep in mind before we start spending like crazy:
We need $2,212 by mid April for Chapter dues. I am thinking that I will take everyone's $90 and place $11 in a "spending money" folder, and the rest of the $79 I will hold so that we are guaranteed to have the money for chapter dues. We can dip into the Chapter dues account if we really need to but we have to be very careful not to spend too much of that. Since most all of the money we have right now in the account is from the four people that have paid their dues, this means that we probably have a little less than $100 dollars in the spending folder. With the Arby's bash and other fundraisers this will hopefully increase quite a bit. What do you think Travis and other guys?

Also, when do we find out how much we made from Arby's? Will I get a check? Do they need an account number?

OAS AAS LLS

Final thought: How much should we talk finances on the forum? do you think it is safe?

Andy Surrena

Back to top Go down

Post  Smith Graham Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:57 pm

I was thinking the same thing in regards to this form. It doesn't seem very safe...

Anyone can log in as a guest and see anything. I think the facebook group would be better in security.
Smith Graham
Smith Graham

Back to top Go down

Post  abc Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:08 pm

i made a ritual committee facebook disucussion page, inside the new "secret, secure" facebook group page.

abc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down