Phi Mu Alpha Kappa Xi Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Business Meetings On the Forum?

3 posters

Go down

Business Meetings On the Forum? Empty Business Meetings On the Forum?

Post  Drew Worden Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:18 pm

Respectfully, I believe conducting business on this forum will be very inefficient.

1) Given the lack of attentiveness and respect at meetings (when conducting business), I must agree with Jared (see post from Oct. 27 in Active Meetings) - it's hard to blame people for not showing up. I think meetings should be business, or social. Conducting business socially is inefficient and frustrating to sit through.

2) Given the lack of attention the forum has received, it doesn't seem wise to utilize it as a main stream exchange of business related information.

3) For the sake of argument (and playing devil's advocate), why not utilize social networking sites (such as Facebook, etc.) to accomplish our social aspects of meetings as well?

Excuse my sarcasm; I hope you can see my point. Seeing as most people won't read this, I'd like to present it at our next meeting too.

Drew Worden

Back to top Go down

Business Meetings On the Forum? Empty Re: Business Meetings On the Forum?

Post  abc Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:03 pm

you are right,

but the forum is inefficient because we made it inefficient
it could have been a place where everyone discussed
and posted organized thoughts

with all seriousness, if we make a facebook group,
it can be very beneficial also
its private, ppl use it more and we can organize minutes, bylaws in one place

on the other hand, even if we have structured business meetings
if people;'s "mind and soul" are not participating, it will be as inefficient
(some brothers only see each other once a week, i dont blame them for wanting to do something social, throw jokes or talk a little)
but it will be travis stating the things he already said in the emails and posted in EC meetings minutes
there will be people repeating things, ideas thrown out w/o thought and w/o execution afterward

if the brothers utilize this forum, i feel many things can be accomplished.
and i agree with the lack of respect in the business portion of out meetings,
it should not be a mix of business and social,they should be seperate
so getting as much business done on this forum can allow us to have limited business meetings and more social time.

After talking to travis and reading/learning about what is happening in the EC meetings, i feel like this is what the EC is trying to do, make business meetings more formal, organized, shorter, and getting work done outside of meetings so there is time for social events

The members just needs to help them by doing whats asked and stop making travis' job difficult.

on a tangent, if we set up the EC members to be in a position of leadership and responsibility of each committee to get specified work done, we can make what we do more efficient, This is something travis and i talked about, and i posted on the forum already.

I am saying all of this because I care about getting work done, being social and the fraternity.
please, tell me if what i am saying doesnt make sense or you guys have suggestions

abc

Back to top Go down

Post  David Jacques Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:58 am

As much as I like having this forum, I agree. I feel that even when we do discuss business stuff on here, all we do is discuss it and not act upon it. For example, the ritual committee has used it quite a bit to discuss some stuff, but still, no one has done anything.

If we don't use any meeting time to actually get together and make real plans, nothing will get done.

I don't feel I even need to write anymore because half of us wont see this, but more importantly, just look at what we haven't accomplished over the last semester or so.

David Jacques

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down